Can't connect Windows Mobile 6.1 to Windows Mobile Center RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Windows Mobile 6.1 device that I need to connect to Windows Mobile Center via Blutooth.

Note: The same steps Works with a Windows Mobile 5.1 device in the same computer, and I tested with two different computers.

1. I can pair the PC and the PDA without problema.
    2. In the PC I run Windows Mobile Center.
    3. In the PDA I run ActiveSync and select "Connect via Bluetooth".
    4. The PDA open a window with the text "Openning port...".
    5. The text changes to "User authenticated".
    6. The window closes, and a full screen message with title "Synchronization Error" and text "This device is not allowed to connect to desktop computer" appears.

The PDA is a new and clean device. The computer isn't connected to Active Directory Domain. It has Windows 7 (the two computers tested)

I thing this is a security configuration, but I can't disable or grant access. The pair Works without any error, and I can see the pair settings on the PC and on the PDA.

Also: When I try to run an app (.exe) copied from SD Card or install (.cab) an error "This app is not signed with a trusted certificate" is shown, and I wan't to remove this block, but I can't edit register or Access via ActiveSync.

Note: I post similar questions on other forums without solution.

Thanks for your help!

Un saludo! Juan Segura

Monday, September 25, 2017 3:06 PM

Answers

• In the end the problem was that the device was locked for security. The manufacturer sent me a cab to disable security, which in this case only annoyed.
    If someone has the same problem, send me an email to duefectu(a)sd-a.com and I will forward the file.
    Thanks for your time!

Un saludo! Juan Segura

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 12:08 PM

All replies

• hi,

From your description, I think you question is more related to the use of software. You can try using the usb connection

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 8:33 AM
  • hi,

From your description, I think you question is more related to the use of software. You can try using the usb connection

Thanks for your response @Misty:

With USB cable I have the exact same result. I thing is a security lock on the PDA.

Un saludo! Juan Segura

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 9:18 AM
  • In the end the problem was that the device was locked for security. The manufacturer sent me a cab to disable security, which in this case only annoyed.
    If someone has the same problem, send me an email to duefectu(a)sd-a.com and I will forward the file.
    Thanks for your time!

Un saludo! Juan Segura

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 12:08 PM