none
passing data, lookup table RRS feed

• Question

•  

hi

im having problems with creating my lookup tables, for e.g. i want to add an item to a quotation,  then i click on my add items. the quotation nr is passed using a label. so now i have 2 forms open. now lets say the item i want to add doesnt exist, i click on form2's item lookup which opens form3 which has my crud for the items. now i create my item, and want to go back to form2 and find it in my combobox. How do i refill this combobox with the new data saved to my tableadapter from form3? Note all 3 the forms are still open, after adding the item i want to close form3 and continue where i left off on form 2, like entering the quantity of the item.  Im using sql server,vb.net 2005, bindingsource and tableadapter.

thx

Sunday, August 26, 2007 7:41 PM

Answers

•  

Could you perhaps add a button to your Form2  to refresh ?  thenin the Click event of the button

you could simply call the Adapter.Fill method again.  This should then pickup the new record you added.

hth

tattoo

Sunday, August 26, 2007 10:21 PM

All replies

•  

Could you perhaps add a button to your Form2  to refresh ?  thenin the Click event of the button

you could simply call the Adapter.Fill method again.  This should then pickup the new record you added.

hth

tattoo

Sunday, August 26, 2007 10:21 PM
  •  

what i did was, i made the combobox's click event, to refresh the adapter , so basically what u said hehe thx.. now im having problems with my search function.. but ill post another thread Smile
    Tuesday, August 28, 2007 12:22 PM