The type or namespace name`XamlFilePathAttribute'does not exist in the namespace`Xamarin.Forms.Xaml RRS feed

• Question

• User258885 posted

this error seems to pop up at random when coding. where all my xaml.g.cs show this

// ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            //  <autogenerated>
            //      This code was generated by a tool.
            //      Mono Runtime Version: 4.0.30319.42000
            // 
            //      Changes to this file may cause incorrect behavior and will be lost if 
            //      the code is regenerated.
            //  </autogenerated>
            // ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

namespace PassPortTrial3 {

[global::Xamarin.Forms.Xaml.XamlFilePathAttribute("/Users/Darnelle/Desktop/Passport/PassportAppMain/PassPortTrial3/App.xaml")]
                public partial class App : global::Xamarin.Forms.Application {

[global::System.CodeDom.Compiler.GeneratedCodeAttribute("Xamarin.Forms.Build.Tasks.XamlG", "0.0.0.0")]
                    private void InitializeComponent() {
                        global::Xamarin.Forms.Xaml.Extensions.LoadFromXaml(this, typeof(App));
                    }
                }
            }

where the XamlFilePathAttribute is underlined red i use git to when i switch back to master everything is fine

this happens alot recently but this time i was removing a line of xaml code and it broke again that time for sure i knew it wasnt me doing anything

anybody here experiencing this weird bug?

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 2:49 AM

Answers

• User258885 posted

using xamarin.forms pre release solved it

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, February 22, 2017 2:53 AM

All replies

• User258885 posted

using xamarin.forms pre release solved it

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, February 22, 2017 2:53 AM
  • User306386 posted

With VStudio you need click in Solution Clean after CLick in Compile Solution

its ok for me

Wednesday, March 8, 2017 7:32 PM
  • User135846 posted

I get so tired of this error - it always appears after an upgrade which they release often. Then I fight this nightmare in addition to the famous forms designer error for the core.

Thursday, April 6, 2017 7:38 PM
  • User288368 posted

@MarketAlly said: I get so tired of this error - it always appears after an upgrade which they release often. Then I fight this nightmare in addition to the famous forms designer error for the core.

My issue was that the PCL was not updated but the native was. My mistake.

Saturday, April 8, 2017 1:51 PM
  • User316483 posted

hi, @thtcaribbeanguy where to update "using xamarin.forms"?

Thursday, April 13, 2017 5:21 PM
  • User258885 posted

@JAYRAMANUJ said: hi, @thtcaribbeanguy where to update "using xamarin.forms"?

the packages folder! right click it , add new nuget , search for xamarin.forms ( ensure show pre-release package is selected) then update

Sunday, April 16, 2017 11:33 PM
  • User316483 posted

Thanks @thtcaribbeanguy !!

Sunday, April 16, 2017 11:44 PM