none
visual studio 2015 - designer window showing xaml code in MainPage.xaml - but cant get graphic designer to display

Question

• I am running visual studio 2015 Update 1 - version 14.0.24720.00 with the latest windows 10 sdk on a surface pro 3.   I can't get the visual designer tool to display.   When I select View > Designer from the menu I only get the xaml code to display.   I also get an error when trying to deploy to the local surface pro3 (see below).     I've used previous versions of visual studio in the past on other devices without issue.     I recently contacted Microsoft support and we completely reset the surface pro 3 to get hyper-v running properly, so the machine itself is up to date with the latest Windows 10 patch.  

I've been trying to come up to speed Window mobile development, but because of the hyper-v issue with the surface and now problems in Visual Studio 2015 I have not made much progress.   I have been watching the great videos on Microsoft Virtual Academy, but I can't actually write and test code until I can get the technology working.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Severity

Code

Description

Project

File

Line

Suppression State

Error

Error : DEP6100 : The following unexpected error occurred during bootstrapping stage 'Connecting to the device '30F105C9-681E-420b-A277-7C086EAD8A4E'.': DeviceException - Deployment failed because no Windows Phone was detected. Make sure a phone is connected and powered on.

HellowWorld

Monday, February 08, 2016 3:58 AM

Answers

All replies