none
DataSync: Not all records synced RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I have setup a sync between a cloud db and an onsite db. On one table, there are 26 records that did not sync. Why this happens I dont know. I did an update on one of the records now and that had no effect.

When the sync runs, it completes with the following message:
    Sync completed with warnings in 106.17 seconds.
     Upload:   0 changes applied/0 failed
     Download: 14494 changes applied/718 failed

The problem is that those 26 records has got a knock-on effect on other tables relying on this table. There are a few tables that I can't sync at all because of these missing records. There are missing records in other tables also which is causing problems, but if I can sort it out for one table, I suppose I would be able to sort it out for all other tables.

Server id: e4e38c20-9487-435f-94ae-1ded32731eaa

Sync Group Id: 8ded819b-8456-4a4a-bcba-995dbf58b639

Region: West Europe

Time / Date: 2012-07-31 09:00

Tracing Id: 8a7f0ccf-6de2-4fb4-abc7-42b8b05e11a9

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 7:50 AM

Answers

• The records were there when the sync was set up. Is there a way that I can add those record into the tracking table?

Can I just copy the code from the trigger to insert the records manually?

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 10:23 AM
  • yes, you can. is that the only table with missing entries in the tracking table?
    Tuesday, July 31, 2012 10:46 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• check for constraints defined on that table just in case the update is failing on those constraints.

or

have a look at:

Event Viewer->Applications and Services Logs->Sql Azure Data Sync Preview

or Event Viewer->Applications and Services Logs->Data Sync Service

you may also set logging in verbose mode.

Open LocalAgentHost.exe.config in notepad. This file should be present in your installation directory.

a) Uncomment the section that is currently commented
    < !--
    < switches>
    < add name="SyncAgentTracer" value="4" />
    < /switches>
    < trace autoflush="true" indentsize="4">
    < listeners>
    < add name="myListener" type="Microsoft.SqlAzureDataSync.ClientLogging.DSSClientTraceListener, Microsoft.SqlAzureDataSync.ClientLogging, Version=2.0.0.0" initializeData="DSSAgentOutput.log" />
    < remove name="Default" />
    < /listeners>
    < /trace>
    -->

b) Stop and restart SQL Azure Data Sync Preview Windows Service.
    Now you would find the detailed logs in files named DSSAgentOutput*.log.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 8:03 AM
    Answerer
  • Thanks,

This gives me an idea on which FK's causes the failure, but still the missing records aren't synced. I have a table UserProfile on which a few other tables depend. In this table 26 records do not sync and because these do not sync the FK constraints fail on the other tables.

I need these 26 records to sync, but the logging do not give an idea why they are not syncing. I also did a check on the tables dss_tracking table and can't find the records in there which explains why they don't sync, but I still need these records to sync.

Thank you,

Marais

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 10:04 AM
  • how did you insert these 26 records? if they dont have records in the tracking table, it means the insert trigger didnt fire to create entries in the tracking table...

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 10:20 AM
    Answerer
  • The records were there when the sync was set up. Is there a way that I can add those record into the tracking table?

Can I just copy the code from the trigger to insert the records manually?

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 10:23 AM
  • yes, you can. is that the only table with missing entries in the tracking table?
    Tuesday, July 31, 2012 10:46 AM
    Answerer
  • There was another table with 300 records missing, but I ran the insert trigger code on those records and everything is there now.

Thanks for the help - now I can restore the FK constraints I removed :)

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 10:56 AM