none
Pocket controller apps not working for EC7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We  are working with EC7 on omap3730.

Any pocket controller application (windows mobile application) such as SkypeMobile etc are not running and showing error as "Not a "

Under WinCE 6.0 we were able to work with, there was a sysgen variable under "shell and user interface" sysgen_ppc by enabling it we were able to run any windows mobile application.

Under WEC7 there is no such sysgen variable.

So we are not able run windows mobile application on our EC7 device. hence we need your help to run it over over our device.

Waiting for your valuable inputs.

--- Misbah

Senior Design Engineer T.E.S Electronic Solutions (Bangalore-India) www.tes-dst.com email-misbah.khan@tes-dst.com
    Thursday, December 15, 2011 9:39 AM

All replies

• Windows Embedded Compact 7 does not support the PPC controls anymore ('Controls Options B' catalog item which is related to SYSGEN_PPC)

Although in WINCE700\PUBLIC\CEBASE\OAK\MISC\winceos.bat there still

if "%__SYSGEN_GWE_CONTROLS%"=="PPC" set GWE4_COMPONENTS=%GWE4_COMPONENTS% msgbox msgbox_ppc dlgmgr_ppc menu_ppc cmbctl_ppc EditControlPpc lbctl_ppc btnctl_ppc

there's no longer the reference (which you had in WINCE600\PUBLIC\CEBASE\OAK\MISC\winceos.bat ):

if "%SYSGEN_PPC%"=="1" set __SYSGEN_GWE_CONTROLS=PPC

Do not be tempted to manually set __SYSGEN_GWE_CONTROLS=PPC: most of the *_ppc libraries are no longer in the tree so the build will fail.

If you wonder why they did it I'd say that since WM does not longer exists MSFT dropped the support.

As the last thing: if "Not a" stands for "Not a valid application" you could have other problems

Luca Calligaris lucaDOTcalligarisATeurotechDOTcom www.eurotech.com Check my blog: http://lcalligaris.wordpress.com
    Thursday, December 15, 2011 10:31 AM
  • Thanks Luca,

I understood your points.

When i run SkypeMobile.exe it shows the error as " "SkypeMobile' is not a valid Windows Embedded Compact Application"

How shall i make such application running on my WEC7 device.

Is there a version of such applications for CE7. or we cannot use such kind of windows applications with CE7 .

---Misbah 

Senior Design Engineer T.E.S Electronic Solutions (Bangalore-India) www.tes-dst.com email-misbah.khan@tes-dst.com
    Thursday, December 15, 2011 11:41 AM