none
How to replace inbox driver and pass HLK? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have a communication port device driver, and want to replace the inbox driver.

I installed my driver after choosing "disable driver signature enforcement" when restart Windows 10.

The driver works fine. Then, I would like to pass certain tests using the Windows HLK.

The HLK testing will restart computer automatically, and the inbox driver replace my driver...

How to solve this?

Thanks!

Friday, December 7, 2018 9:55 AM

Answers

• Does your INF file specifically identify your device?  What  hardware ID are you matching in your INF?  You should be able to test-sign your driver, and enable test mode on your client machine with bcdedit, but Windows will not allow to replace an inbox driver for an entire class of devices.  For example, you cannot have your INF claim *PNP0500 and *PNP0501.

Tim Roberts | Driver MVP Emeritus | Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

• Marked as answer by _Wayne56 Thursday, December 13, 2018 1:21 AM
    Friday, December 7, 2018 8:05 PM

All replies

• Does your INF file specifically identify your device?  What  hardware ID are you matching in your INF?  You should be able to test-sign your driver, and enable test mode on your client machine with bcdedit, but Windows will not allow to replace an inbox driver for an entire class of devices.  For example, you cannot have your INF claim *PNP0500 and *PNP0501.

• Marked as answer by _Wayne56 Thursday, December 13, 2018 1:21 AM
    Friday, December 7, 2018 8:05 PM

But my driver passed HLK with Windows 10 rs4 before. I didn't make test-sign for driver that time.

Thanks

Wednesday, December 12, 2018 2:23 AM