Unable to configure BizTalk RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello all,

I started getting SSO errors like Cannot perform encryption and decryption on my biztalk server. Hence I unconfigured all the features, deleted all the biztalk databases and am trying to re configure BizTalk. But this does not work. I get an exception which says "Failed to create the SQL database 'SSODB' on SQL Server 'myservername' (with SSO Administrator account 'SSO Administrators"

I am using BTS 2006 R2 on Windows Server 2003 R2 and SQL 2005

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

This is really very urgent.

Thanks
    Thursday, February 21, 2008 1:36 AM

Answers

• I sounds to me like some permissions not set correctly on the user account which is used to the configuration. Have you checked that the user has Server Administrator rights on the SQL Server?

Thursday, February 21, 2008 7:17 AM
  •  

Andres is totally right , also check the following :

1. Check that your user is within the SSO Administrators group
    2. Check that the service of SSO is Enabled and running

Thursday, February 21, 2008 10:51 AM

All replies

• I sounds to me like some permissions not set correctly on the user account which is used to the configuration. Have you checked that the user has Server Administrator rights on the SQL Server?

Thursday, February 21, 2008 7:17 AM
  •  

Andres is totally right , also check the following :

1. Check that your user is within the SSO Administrators group
    2. Check that the service of SSO is Enabled and running

Thursday, February 21, 2008 10:51 AM
  •  

Gentlemen,

thanks for your reply. This issue was caused due to database creation policies implemented at the sql server level. BTS wizard was trying to create the SSODB at the defaul location and it was being prevented from creating record at that location. We changed the default database location at the SQL server level and bingo the wizard was able to create the database and everything worked.

Appreciate your replies.

Friday, February 22, 2008 4:09 PM
  • Server Administrator Rights on SQL server (Server Roles in your Sql Management Studio) might be the solution (it was my case too!), thanks to Anders.

SKetabchi
    Saturday, January 28, 2012 12:07 AM