none
Changing DPI of the Word Document before Printing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

What I am trying to do:

I am trying to print a document using

WordDocument.PrintOut(...);

Note: .. replaces desired parameters

WordDocument is instance of Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.Document.

Problem:

I have to print the document with a specific DPI value which will be provided by the USER. I am not finding where i can associate DPI value to either printout method or with document itself.

I found param PrintZoomPaperWidth and PrintZoomPaperWidth but unable to find how its value can affect DPI. Not sure if it can.

Is there any code available that can change DPI value prior to document print?

Regards Kumar Gaurav.

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 10:09 AM

All replies

• There is no such property as a DPI value for a document. All the fonts, for example, use vectoring, not bitmaps, and thus have no DPI value. Only inserted bitmap images would have a DPI value and given that Word has no control over the PPI with which they were inserted, the only thing you can do to exercise any form of control is to allow Word to compress them, which will give them either a 220DPI or a 96DPI output, depending on the compression option chosen. Your only other option would be to change the printer's DPI settings, but the code to do that (if supported by the printer) would be printer-specific.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 12:12 PM