none
Are there any issues/conflicts when I develop an Office Add-in for both 2007 and 2010 versions of MS Office RRS feed

• Question

• I have developed an MS Office add-in by using VSTO. The add-in was first aimed for MS Office 2007 but seems to work for MS Office 2010 as well.

BUT... there's one strange issue/behaviour that I would like to understand..

When the add-in is used on an offline computer with MS Office 2010 it seems that the start-up of any MS Office program waits with the splash screen visible for 30-45 seconds. I have seen this behaviour on several computers that are not connected to any network (they're not allowed to be network connected at all).

So my question is: If my add-in is designed for MS Office 2007 and are installed for MS Office 2010 - Will MS Office try to connect to the internet for any kind of update? Or what is it that happens during the 30-45 seconds delay??

Thursday, February 9, 2012 8:06 AM

Answers

• Use fiddler to find out if app is trying to reach some network and simply times out , for example - trying to get latest revocation list of certificates.
    Thursday, February 9, 2012 8:30 AM

All replies

• Use fiddler to find out if app is trying to reach some network and simply times out , for example - trying to get latest revocation list of certificates.
    Thursday, February 9, 2012 8:30 AM
  • Hello,

I agree with DaimianD. You can modify the setting described in How Office Performs Certificate Revocation to check if this is the case.

Regards from Belarus (GMT + 3),

Andrei Smolin
    Add-in Express Team Leader

Please mark answers and useful posts to help other developers use the forums efficiently.

Thursday, February 9, 2012 8:59 AM