LightSwitch V4 Managing documents in multiple screens. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi LightSwitch Team,

I started with Matt Sampson's article on importing and storing data files,
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/rmattsampson/archive/2011/05/23/how-to-import-and-store-a-data-file.aspx

to managing Documents Upload/Download into my LightSwitch V4 Web Application. 

I use a Parent-Child relationship (0 or 1 to many) from an entity (Parent) to its Documents-entities (Child entities). The Parent entities (e.g. Salary or Absence) are Child entities to Employee.

The Parent entities of the Documents entities reside in different screens and within different modals dialogs.

For example, I use a button on the CommandBar of the DataGrid of Salary to launch another modal Dialog with the Documents of Salary (inclusive Buttons to Upload/Dowanload Documents). At this time I finished the implemetation of one screen, but I am not sure, if I use the right way. There are to many modal dialogs (inclusive overring of Add, Edit and Delete Buttons).

How can I achived this with a minimum of effort? Is it possible by using of a common DataType for Documents, so that this common DataType stands as Parent for Documents and can be selected in each Document-Table (something like creating of a Business Type Extension?)? How can I do this?

Please help me. Many, many thanks.

Wednesday, March 25, 2015 2:23 PM

All replies

• For example, I use a button on the CommandBar of the DataGrid of Salary to launch another modal Dialog with the Documents of Salary (inclusive Buttons to Upload/Dowanload Documents). At this time I finished the implemetation of one screen, but I am not sure, if I use the right way. There are to many modal dialogs (inclusive overring of Add, Edit and Delete Buttons).

You need post the image of this screen, and show me what you have done.
    Thursday, March 26, 2015 6:03 AM
  • Hi Andrew,

thanks for the prompt reply. Here is a screen shot of the application.

Many thanks one again.

Thursday, March 26, 2015 8:42 AM