none
rdl.data files RRS feed

• Question

• hi, im building reports using VS 2008 and targets the build for SQL Server 2008, to be used with Report Viewer VS2010.

Up until a while ago, i didnt have any of the rdl.data files created for my project. That resulted with the report executing the dataset everytime i clicked the Preview tab on the report designer. That was a bit annoying, but OK.

Lately, i cant put the finger on exactly when, the rdl.data files started to be created again. Maybe it was because one of the updates to VS2008 or to the SQL Server but the problem now is that they can not be modified. If i change the query for the dataset, i.e. adding or removing fields, the report gets messed up. The reports gets the wrong values for the fields, if i want to get the value of field X it gives me back the value for field Y which sometimes is the wrong data type as well.

The only solution i found for this is to manualy delete the rdl.data file from my project and then run the query again.

couldnt find anything on this on the web. is it hapenning to anyone else? is there a property or configuration setting that control the creation of the rdl.data files? is it a known bug with one of the updates?  is there any other workarounds ?

thanx

Tuesday, September 6, 2011 8:19 AM

All replies

• Its happening to me too. I haven't been able to pinpoint the cause yet, and its been a bit annoying.
    JS
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 2:46 PM