spice up SL game RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I'm rather new to SL programming and am mainly a web developer (that is, I'm not a hard-core coder really).

I developed a puzzle game with 16 letters in a square (like a 4*4 crossword). I can drag a letter and release it in a new position (X or Y) and the rest of the "tiles" follow. BUT - this is only a redraw of the square (that is, the underlying array that spits out the letters in their repsective positions) when I release the mouse. In other words, there is no "sexy" slide or following effect as one would expect from an SL game or a windows phone game.

Also, I'd like to have a connection to a high score list or the like.

I suspect that there must be some kind of API, template or so to help me do this, but I can't figure out where. As I said, I'm not a great programmer, but only need access to what I think would be rather universal things (animating drag'n'drop above all).

FInally, I'm thinking of porting this little game to Windows Phone and publish it at the marketplace/app store, so if such an API/template exists, I'd be very happy if it's availaible for windows phone.

Thanks for any input!

Pettrer, Sweden

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 11:28 AM

All replies