Horrible call in experience trying to renew my subscription RRS feed

• Question

• I called in last week to renew my visual studio subscription and had the worst phone call in experience of my life.  I would say almost as bad as calling the insurance company trying to file a claim.  The odd part to me is I was trying to give them money.  

Last year when I renewed, they could not reuse my microsoft login.  They said I had to merge it with a new one.  It took 3 months to merge my account.  So this year, I tried to use the merge account it did not work, it did not have the subscription billing linked to the new microsoft account, so the phone guy said that I needed to call the main line for the subscription service.  So I did and was put on hold for 2 hours, then got to one attendant that I had to retell my tall to, then he said that he couldn't do it.   He would have to transfer met to someone else.  I got mad, didn't yell or swear but asked for a manager repeatedly, then the attendant hung up on me. I figured out how to renew my subscription myself, it was easy, I just had to use the login Microsoft said  couldn't use.

Thursday, December 14, 2017 10:15 PM

All replies

• I called in last week to renew my visual studio subscription and had the worst phone call in experience of my life.  I would say almost as bad as calling the insurance company trying to file a claim.  The odd part to me is I was trying to give them money.  

Last year when I renewed, they could not reuse my microsoft login.  They said I had to merge it with a new one.  It took 3 months to merge my account.  So this year, I tried to use the merge account it did not work, it did not have the subscription billing linked to the new microsoft account, so the phone guy said that I needed to call the main line for the subscription service.  So I did and was put on hold for 2 hours, then got to one attendant that I had to retell my tall to, then he said that he couldn't do it.   He would have to transfer met to someone else.  I got mad, didn't yell or swear but asked for a manager repeatedly, then the attendant hung up on me. I figured out how to renew my subscription myself, it was easy, I just had to use the login Microsoft said  couldn't use.

Dear Tru Tech Systems,

Please contact the Visual Studio Subscriptions support and leave your feedback.

https://www.visualstudio.com/subscriptions/support/

Thanks,
    prathaprabhu

If my reply is useful please mark it as answered as it help other users with the same query. I am a Microsoft Partner, MVP and MCC and I want to become One Day Microsoft CEO. https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/237697e9-8504-4686-a19b-642cb3fd7393/how-to-contact-visual-studio-subscription-support-step-by-step-tutorial-w-screenshots?forum=msdnfeedback https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/64b37019-90cf-4633-a4c6-349512c33427/activating-subscription-with-work-email-and-subscription-id?forum=msdnfeedback

Saturday, December 23, 2017 12:14 AM