Circular Dependency Error (joining calculated table with data source table) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have a custom table in my data model. I created another column based on the condition in other column (which already on a formula based). I do not have any primary key for this table. This table doesn't come from any data source and created by me.

MemID = if('Table'[Type]="MID",'Table'[VALUES]).

I want to make relationship with my other table (from data source) with it's field MSID, but I get circular reference error. How to solve this issue. Thanks

Sunday, May 13, 2018 12:40 AM

Answers

• Hi RoshN,

Thanks for your question.

With the information provided above, I did not see any circular reference. To solve your question more efficiently, would you mind typing out 5-10 rows of example data for these table? It is much better if you can share the EXCEL work book. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Best Regards
    Willson Yuan
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 1:15 AM