Cannot install/uninstall/debug my app

Question

• Hi,

when I was trying to install my app from Store yesterday, WP8.1 Silverlight app on Lumia 1520 with 8.1 Dev Preview, the installation got stucked and I had to restart my phone. After the restart I can no longer install this app from Store, it always ends with the same error. I cannot even install this app from Visual Studio.

Error 6 Installation of the application failed. The application is already installed, or update or uninstall is running.

Note I can install and uninstall other apps from Store, another phone restart and Soft Reset has not fixed this. The app is also not listed in the installed app list.

I know that changing the app identity in manifest should work for deploying from Visual Studio, but the problem is here installation of the app from Store. I need to test the functionality of the actually published and that's not possible right now.

Is there anything I can do, is there maybe some installation cleanup utility or tool to use? Hard Reset is really not an option here since it's my primary device for daily use.

Thanks

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 8:00 AM

All replies

• How about a soft reset? Hold the lock button and volume down button at the same time for 5-10 seconds.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 1:11 PM
  • Thanks for the idea, but it did not help, just like turning the phone off and on again.

Here are the screenshots, how it looks now.

Note "maybe" the Denim update for the AT&T Lumia 1520 should fix this once it's released, but right now there is nothing I can do.

Saturday, January 31, 2015 2:41 PM