Class not registered RRS feed

• Question

• I am using a windows application on visual studio 2010.I am getting an exception when i tried to run  this application on a remote system,it showing,

System.Windows.Forms:System.Object CoCreateInstance(System.Guid ByRef, System.Object, Int32, System.Guid ByRef):Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)):

It working perfectly on my local system.Can anyone help..?Thanks in advance. 

• Edited by sharon 5656 Friday, June 3, 2011 12:20 PM spelling mistake
    Friday, June 3, 2011 12:15 PM

All replies

• is the remote machine 64bit? Are you targeting AnyCPU? If so you may want to visit the .Net 64bit development forum. Windows security is unlikely the cause of this error.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Friday, June 3, 2011 5:01 PM
  • Yes, iam targeting a CPU which has an operating system windows 7(same as local) of 32 bit operating syastem.
    Saturday, June 4, 2011 5:19 AM
  • If the remote machine is 32bit, use process monitor to check where the CoCreateInstance call is looking for the CLSID.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Saturday, June 4, 2011 12:38 PM
  • i figured it out.Its due to the dicom.It worked after i register dicom on that system.Also i was getting this problem on 64 bit machines and that problem fixed when i changed debugging option any cpu into 64 on visual studio.now its working perfectly
    Sunday, June 12, 2011 7:00 AM