none
question about user-defined property RRS feed

• Question

• HI,

I want to know if I add an user defined-property before I send an appointment, will the receiver get the property I add?

Thanks.

Thursday, March 13, 2014 12:05 PM

Answers

• Hello Sara,

No, until you define such property on the end user mailbox.

The property will be preserved if you define it in the receiver Outlook folder. I.e. only properties that are already created in the default mail delivery store are preserved for incoming e-mail messages.

Thursday, March 13, 2014 12:19 PM
  • It also depends on where and how the appointment is sent and if it's a meeting invitation.

If it's sent over the Internet then not only must the recipient have that property in the folder but the item must be sent so any TNEF is preserved (Rich text format or sent within an Exchange organization).

If a meeting invitation is being sent it's actually a new item that goes out and user properties aren't copied from the original appointment.

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook

Thursday, March 13, 2014 2:16 PM

All replies

• Hello Sara,

No, until you define such property on the end user mailbox.

The property will be preserved if you define it in the receiver Outlook folder. I.e. only properties that are already created in the default mail delivery store are preserved for incoming e-mail messages.

Thursday, March 13, 2014 12:19 PM
  • It also depends on where and how the appointment is sent and if it's a meeting invitation.

If it's sent over the Internet then not only must the recipient have that property in the folder but the item must be sent so any TNEF is preserved (Rich text format or sent within an Exchange organization).

If a meeting invitation is being sent it's actually a new item that goes out and user properties aren't copied from the original appointment.

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook

Thursday, March 13, 2014 2:16 PM