none
WADK imagex does not work RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

I have created a winpe bootcd(bootable for both UEFI and BIOS) from WADK using the steps in http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd744537 . After booting into winpe environment, when I try to capture the image of the underlying windows 8 system, I get the following error :

"The file or directory corrupted and unreadable"

I ran chkdsk also before capturing the image. My BIOS system contains three partitions,

1. 350 MB boot partition

2. system partition

3. Data partition

In case of UEFI, I have the following partitions in my system :

1. Windows Recovery Partition (300MB)

2. Microsoft Reserved Partition (128MB)

3. EFI system partition(100MB)

4. system partition

However I have observed that in case of windows 8 BIOS machine, If I take the image of the 350 MB partition in any on disk partition and then move the image to the network mapped drive and then take the image of the other partition by appending to the 350MB partition image, process works fine.

In case of UEFI, booting into winpe assigns the drive letter to only system partition. So I assigned the drive letters to windows recovery partition and EFI system partition using diskpart. While taking the image of the winRE partition, it fails with the error message as mentioned above.

It would be very helpful if someone could post the whole procedure to clone the system using imagex?

Monday, December 31, 2012 11:23 AM