Display Expression Editor Dialog from Custom Activity Designer RRS feed

• Question

• Question: Is there a way to show the built-in Expression Editor Dialog from a custom activity designer?

I have a custom activity designer used on a rehosted designer.
    On the custom activity designer, I have an Expression Editor Textbox.
    I would like to add a button that will open the Expression Editor Dialog, similar to how the Property Grid works.
    I know how to add the button, and wire it up.  I am just wonder if there is way to display the built-in dialog.

Additional Information:
    We have implemented the IExpressionEditorInstance and IExpressionEditorService.
    The Expression Editor Textbox works correctly in the Property Grid and in the built-in dialog when opened from the Property Grid.

Things I have tried:

I created my own dialog that hosts the Expression Editor Textbox, but the behavior is different from the built-in dialog. 
    Specifically, in the built-in dialog, the Expression Editor Textbox stays in edit mode no matter what control has focus.

Built-in dialog (this is what I want)

In my version of the dialog, as soon as the Expression Editor Textbox loses focus, the control switch back to a Textblock.

With focus

Without focus

If the first question is not possible, is there a way to keep the Expression Editor Text box in edit mode?

Thanks for looking at the question.

• Edited by ShawnCD Wednesday, December 2, 2015 6:10 PM
    Wednesday, December 2, 2015 6:10 PM

Answers

• Question: Is there a way to show the built-in Expression Editor Dialog from a custom activity designer?
    I know how to add the button, and wire it up.  I am just wonder if there is way to display the built-in dialog.

If the first question is not possible, is there a way to keep the Expression Editor Text box in edit mode

HI Shawn,

Follow what you mentioned above, I'm failed to keep the Expression Editor Text box in edit mode. For this issue,

if this feature is important to you, you could submit this feature request:

http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio

Regards,

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Angie Xu Friday, January 8, 2016 2:27 AM
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Friday, January 8, 2016 2:27 AM
    Tuesday, January 5, 2016 7:21 AM