Information about TFS Job monitoring and history RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

I am relatively new to Team foundation server, in my project one of my senior team member has asked me to explore some knowledge about  TFS job monitoring tab (operational intelligence hub) which can be found by accessing URL : http://yourservername:8080/tfs/_oi so I had read few blogs written by grant holiday and also read Professional Team Foundation Server 2013 Book but i am unable to gather detail information about those topics which my superior has asked me to do so can you please share some more links related to below mention points: 

1. Detailed information about parameter present on Every Row e.g. version control warehouse sync, transnational backup job etc

2. what will be the Ideal graph (pie chart) for Project 

3. What will be the trouble shooting steps need to follow if our graph is not matches with ideal graph (in case of more failure) 

Regards

Dushyant Padhya

Friday, September 18, 2015 9:33 AM

Answers

• Hi DP,

Thanks for your reply.

As far as I know there’s no an official document about how that graph has been calculated. We usually use this job monitor feature as reference to check if our TFS is healthy or not.

If there’s issue happened in your TFS job, we will help you to troubleshooting it. There’s no a standard troubleshooting steps for all that different jobs.

For the detailed document about the job monitor feature scenario, please submit it to User Voice site at: http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio, Microsoft engineers will evaluate it seriously.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 7:11 AM

All replies

• Hi DP,  

Thanks for your post.

For the TFS job monitor feature, please refer to the helpful information in this blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/granth/archive/2013/02/13/tfs2012-new-tools-for-tfs-administrators.aspx.  

If you receive any job issue in your TFS job, please share the detailed error information here, our members will help you to troubleshoot it and provide the better response ASAP.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, September 21, 2015 5:49 AM
  • Hi John 

Thanks for your reply, actually i had already seen this blog of Grant holliday but i want some more information on TFS job monitoring so can you please share some more links which contains detailed information about the same.

I Also want to know how this graph has been calculated, what will be troubleshooting steps we need to follow if we don't find desired output. 

Regards

Dushyant Padhya 

Monday, September 21, 2015 8:07 AM
  • Hi DP,

Thanks for your reply.

As far as I know there’s no an official document about how that graph has been calculated. We usually use this job monitor feature as reference to check if our TFS is healthy or not.

If there’s issue happened in your TFS job, we will help you to troubleshooting it. There’s no a standard troubleshooting steps for all that different jobs.

For the detailed document about the job monitor feature scenario, please submit it to User Voice site at: http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio, Microsoft engineers will evaluate it seriously.

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 7:11 AM