none
Connect from Mail App for Office to Sharepoint 2013 using only JavaScript (Mail app and Sharepoint are on different servers) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I would like to know it is possible to connect from App for Office 2013 (type  Mail app) to Sharepoint 2013 using only JavaScript (without any server side operations)?

App for Outlook will not be hosted with Sharepoint - it will be completely different server and domain.

If it's possible please give me some example code how to do it.
    I would like to send attachments from e-mail and write to Sharepoint library.

Thanks!

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 1:24 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

According to your description, you want to connect the SharePoint 2013 from a mail app.
    I think it is possible. We can read and write data by using the REST interface. You can get more details about how to use SharePoint 2013 REST endpoints from article below:
    How to: Complete basic operations using SharePoint 2013 REST endpoints

I also found some articles and samples about Mail apps for your reference:
    Mail apps for Outlook
    Sample mail apps

In addition, if you have any question about SharePoint, you can get more effective responses from SharePoint 2013 - Development and Programming.

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, March 13, 2014 9:06 AM
  • Thanks you for answer.

I also found this page:
    http://pholpar.wordpress.com/2013/05/11/accessing-office-365-sharepoint-sites-using-rest-from-a-local-html-javascript-host/

And this work but on Office 365/Sharepoint Online. When I try this sample with SharePoint on premise I can't get token:/.

If you have any other ideas, please write me:).

Thanks

Friday, March 14, 2014 1:32 PM
  • Hi,

>>And this work but on Office 365/Sharepoint Online. When I try this sample with SharePoint on premise I can't get token:/.<<

Since this issue is more relate to SharePoint, I suggest you go to SharePoint 2010 - Development and Programming or SharePoint 2013 - Development and Programming forum base on the version of ShareProint you are using to get more effective response.

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 7:44 AM