none
Reference BMps in Visual Basic 8 Program RRS feed

• Question

• As a part time simple programmer, right now I have a good program that runs exactly the way I like.  However, a user would have to copy the bmp folder (graphics) to the C drive for it to work for them.  I noticed that the bmps can be attached as a folder or individually into the VB8 project with the Project Explorer.  Once the program "publishes", you can reference these files with a  ___.bmp.deploy open statement in the program,.. but the address is rather long.  It seems like their should be a way to either put them in the reference folder (does not accept this extension) or just call them with a open statement if they are already "in" the program package.  

Microbiologist
    Friday, June 26, 2009 5:08 PM

Answers

• Actually I was able to reference all of the bmp's and enclose them in the program publication,....just used a long address with the search and replace function.  The issue is now solved.
    Microbiologist
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Monday, June 29, 2009 9:16 AM
    Saturday, June 27, 2009 4:51 PM

All replies

• Actually I was able to reference all of the bmp's and enclose them in the program publication,....just used a long address with the search and replace function.  The issue is now solved.
    Microbiologist
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Monday, June 29, 2009 9:16 AM
    Saturday, June 27, 2009 4:51 PM
  • Cut and paste does not work like expected with the Solution Explorer.  More typical programming way was found to add them to the Resources of the project.

Microbiologist
    Wednesday, July 1, 2009 10:23 AM