Maintain Scroll Position on partial postback RRS feed

• Question

• User-1549550994 posted

I have an old asp.net web site which I am trying to upgrade to .NET 4.0. This web site is using ASP.NET 2.0 AJAX EXTENSIONS and using update panels for partial postback. With .net framework 2.0 and 3.5 everything works fine. The moment I upgrade it to .NET 4.0, I start to see an issue. The issue is decribed below:

- I have a page which gets open in a frameset frame. This page has multiple update panels and there are ASP.NET panel control in it. At page load time, we add user controls dynamically to these panels

- Once page is loaded, the page gets devided into multiple sections for each update panel and each section has some partial postback to update its own section.

The problem I have is whenever partial postback occurs, the cursor reaches to the first dynamically added controls even if you were at the bottom of the page at the time of postback. Even MaintainScrollPositionsAtPostback is not helping.

Everything just work fine on 3.5 and 2.0 framework. Looks like there are some changes to System.Web.Extensions.dll version 4.0 which is causing this behavor. I tried some custom javascript/jquery solutions, but no help since page gets opened in frame most of solutions do not work.

please suggest any help.

Thanks

Vikas

Friday, August 31, 2012 2:30 PM

Answers

• User-1549550994 posted

I got my issue resolved, The code itself had a focus set which caused this, however not sure why that focus set was not working in same in .net 2.0. Anyway my current issue is resolved

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, August 31, 2012 2:48 PM