Connecting to Oracle Data Source using SSIS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

Please I am working on a BI Project that requires me to connect to an oracle data source using SSIS.

Can someone assist me with the required steps to achieve that. 

I dont want to use a third party tool.

Thanks

me

Tuesday, November 4, 2014 4:08 PM

Answers

• Hi lilutchay,

If the SQL Server Integration Services is Enterprise or Developer edition of SQL Server 2008, we can use Microsoft Connector Version 1.2 for Oracle to connect Oracle databases with version Oracle 9.2.0.4 or higher, Oracle 10.x or Oracle 11.x. If the SQL Server Integration Services is Enterprise or Developer edition of SQL Server 2012, we can use Microsoft Connector Version 2.0 for Oracle to connect Oracle databases with version Oracle 9.2.0.4 or higher, Oracle 10.x or Oracle 11.x.

While if we want to connect to other Oracle version databases, we can use OLE DB provider for Oracle which has been tested in SSIS labs and is recommended by Microsoft.

For the detail steps for Microsoft Connector for Oracle, we can refer to the first blog suggested by Deric. For more details about the use of connecting to oracle using Oracle Provider for OLEDB from SSIS, please refer to the blog below:
    http://www.databasefun.com/archives/591

Reference:
    SSIS with Oracle Connectors

Thanks,
    Katherine Xiong

Katherine Xiong
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, November 5, 2014 6:24 AM

All replies