Any Html Editor that can be Embedded in Windows 8 Apps ?

Question

• Hey,

I'd tried binging much but couldn't find any Html Editor that could be embedded in our Windows 8 Applications. Is there any recommended Editor that can be used in JS based Windows 8 Application which could have the ability to attach Images etc.

Best example could be: An Html Editor that could be used for adding entries in blog! Are there any 3rd Party Editors ready?

The worst case would be, myself writing whole HTML Editor...

Thanks

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 6:24 AM

Answers

• There are lots of HTML editors out there for the web and my guess is that they would plug in just fine to a WinJS app.  Some popular ones:

TinyMCE

CK Editor

WMD

• Marked as answer by Song Tian Monday, November 5, 2012 9:28 AM
    Tuesday, October 30, 2012 3:23 PM

All replies

• There are lots of HTML editors out there for the web and my guess is that they would plug in just fine to a WinJS app.  Some popular ones:

TinyMCE

CK Editor

WMD

• Marked as answer by Song Tian Monday, November 5, 2012 9:28 AM
    Tuesday, October 30, 2012 3:23 PM
  • Hey Brain,

Thanks for informing about these editors, I did try many editors including, TinyMCE , Kendou etc. However, most of them failed due to security reasons of Windows 8 Apps. (Their .js files tried to add dynamic content, and there is a turn around of it by using "MSApp.execUnsafeLocalFunction" however thats not a perfect solution I guess)

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 6:40 AM
  • Hi, I found  a free HTML5 editor sample in windows store app:

http://www.emailarchitect.net/easendmail/kb/javascript_xaml.aspx?cat=7

Actually, this topic is talking about how to send email in windows store app, whatever, after I download the installer and installed it on my machine, i found the samples installation path\Samples_windows8, it demonstrates how to use javascript+html5 to build a HTML editor and display embedded image, all codes about HTML editor is open source.

javascript html5 html editor

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 10:02 AM