none
How to include VSTO file in the Setup RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to create a Setup (MSI) that will install my add-in on the user's machine.  Had some problems initially, but resolved them by adding registry entries, and including the .vsto and .manifest file into the setup.

I use TFS for configuration.  The problem I current  face is, when I include files that are not automatically detected as dependencies/primary-output, these files (.vsto and .manifest) are checked-in into TFS from the bin directory.  I dont want to check in binaries/.vsto/.manifest files from the bin directory into TFS as a general practice. 

Apart from 'Primary output', I also tried adding 'Localized resources','Content files', etc into the setup. The setup project ONLY recognises the .dll as a dependency, and did not add the .vsto and .manifest.  Thats when I had to add the .vsto, .manifest files from the bin directory.

Is there a way to tell the Setup project to take these files from a location, instead of adding them to the setup ? 

Thanks

Suresh

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 10:09 PM

All replies

• Hi Suresh,

Thank you for posting.

I also tested on my side, I am afraid it can only be added via File dialog, please see the following screenshot:

Best Regards,

Bruce Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Friday, April 13, 2012 7:45 AM
  • Bruce,

Thanks for responding.  Is there a way I can tell TFS not to check-in the files into TFS when I do the Add->File ?

The automatic TFS check-in is my primary problem, and I dont know a way to bypass this.

Regards

Suresh

Friday, April 13, 2012 5:46 PM