[UWP]Error creating UWP for SDK 10.0.14393.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

When i try to create UWP app from visual studio using SDK 10.0.14393.0, it fails with following error: error  : Parameter "targetPlatformVersion" cannot be null. The csproj is not being created, while the sln file does.

I saw that this error was on previous SDK version and was fixed with a patch. Maybe this bug migrated to the new SDK?
    When creating the project from Unity, the sln and the 3 csproj are been created, however the projects failed to load because of that.

I saw that other complained about it in the Visual Studio "Feed back". The csproj file do contain this parameter:

<PropertyGroup>
        <Configuration Condition=" '$(Configuration)' == '' ">Debug</Configuration>
        <Platform Condition=" '$(Platform)' == '' ">AnyCPU</Platform>
        <ProjectGuid>{13a45c13-3265-47b8-bc48-a553b569df55}</ProjectGuid>
        <OutputType>AppContainerExe</OutputType>
        <AppDesignerFolder>Properties</AppDesignerFolder>
        <RootNamespace>Origami</RootNamespace>
        <AssemblyName>Origami</AssemblyName>
        <DefaultLanguage>en-US</DefaultLanguage>
        <TargetPlatformIdentifier>UAP</TargetPlatformIdentifier>
        <TargetPlatformVersion>10.0.14393.0</TargetPlatformVersion>
        <TargetPlatformMinVersion>10.0.10240.0</TargetPlatformMinVersion>
        <MinimumVisualStudioVersion>14</MinimumVisualStudioVersion>
        <EnableDotNetNativeCompatibleProfile>true</EnableDotNetNativeCompatibleProfile>
        <FileAlignment>512</FileAlignment>
        <ProjectTypeGuids>{A5A43C5B-DE2A-4C0C-9213-0A381AF9435A};{FAE04EC0-301F-11D3-BF4B-00C04F79EFBC}</ProjectTypeGuids>
        <PackageCertificateKeyFile>WSATestCertificate.pfx</PackageCertificateKeyFile>
        <AppxPackageSigningEnabled>true</AppxPackageSigningEnabled>
        <PlatformShortName>$(Platform)</PlatformShortName>
      </PropertyGroup>

Any information on how to fix this?

Thanks,

You got the wrong guy, I'm the dude...

• Edited by eyasso Saturday, September 10, 2016 7:56 PM
    • Edited by Jayden Gu Monday, September 12, 2016 5:59 AM add tag
    Saturday, September 10, 2016 10:40 AM

Answers

• Hello Jayden,

It doesn't work when trying to create project from VS. 
    I also created new OS and installed all. I am still having this issue. 
    SO i created new OS again. This time I didn't even manage to get into stage to select SDK. I got template error. 

Something is very wrong. I tried this in several PC at my home.

However, at my work, I Managed to install it perfectly on Virtual Machine.

Maybe I have issues in my network or ISP? Maybe my router or ISP blocks some ports?

Is there any way testing the network\connection to MS?

Thanks,

• Marked as answer by Jayden Gu Wednesday, October 12, 2016 10:01 AM
    Tuesday, September 13, 2016 10:47 AM
  • Hello eyasso,

If you haven't cleared your %temp% folder then maybe we will be able to check details from your logs.

When Visual Studio is installed it will write logs to %temp% folder, to gather these logs we can use the following tool:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=12493

This tool will generate a vslogs.cab file to %TEMP%\vslogs.cab

For more details, see here https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/heaths/2009/05/20/microsoft-vs-net-log-collection-tool/

We will be able to know details from logs in the above cab file.

If you cannot run your project time and time from your working area, please check your logs and see if you can find SDK installation related logs. Personally I think maybe your problem is due to your company have policy settings which blocked something from installing.

Best regards,

Barry

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Hi,

I reinstalled new OS and all PC. It seems there is some thing wrong in my network because VS installer keep failing to install (fail to download the components) which might have caused the error.

So i went to work and install all. Now it works.

Thanks.

• Proposed as answer by Barry Wang Friday, October 7, 2016 7:57 AM
    • Marked as answer by Barry Wang Monday, October 10, 2016 12:18 AM
    Friday, October 7, 2016 6:32 AM

All replies

• Hi eyasso,

Does it work when you creates the project without use the Unity?

Please try to repair your Windows 10 SDK and VS2015 in the Control Panel, this exception indicate that the target Platform version setting is not correct.

Also if it does not work, you should able to reinstall the windows 10 sdk.

Best Regards,

Jayden Gu

Monday, September 12, 2016 11:49 AM
  • Hello Jayden,

It doesn't work when trying to create project from VS. 
    I also created new OS and installed all. I am still having this issue. 
    SO i created new OS again. This time I didn't even manage to get into stage to select SDK. I got template error. 

Something is very wrong. I tried this in several PC at my home.

However, at my work, I Managed to install it perfectly on Virtual Machine.

Maybe I have issues in my network or ISP? Maybe my router or ISP blocks some ports?

Is there any way testing the network\connection to MS?

Thanks,

• Marked as answer by Jayden Gu Wednesday, October 12, 2016 10:01 AM
    Tuesday, September 13, 2016 10:47 AM
  • Hello eyasso,

If you haven't cleared your %temp% folder then maybe we will be able to check details from your logs.

When Visual Studio is installed it will write logs to %temp% folder, to gather these logs we can use the following tool:

For more details, see here https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/heaths/2009/05/20/microsoft-vs-net-log-collection-tool/

If you cannot run your project time and time from your working area, please check your logs and see if you can find SDK installation related logs. Personally I think maybe your problem is due to your company have policy settings which blocked something from installing.

Best regards,

Barry

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

• Proposed as answer by Barry Wang Friday, October 7, 2016 6:19 AM
    • Marked as answer by Barry Wang Friday, October 7, 2016 6:21 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Barry Wang Friday, October 7, 2016 7:57 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Barry Wang Friday, October 7, 2016 7:57 AM
    Thursday, September 29, 2016 7:53 AM
  • Hello eyasso,

Best regards,

Barry

Hi,

I reinstalled new OS and all PC. It seems there is some thing wrong in my network because VS installer keep failing to install (fail to download the components) which might have caused the error.

So i went to work and install all. Now it works.

Thanks.

• Proposed as answer by Barry Wang Friday, October 7, 2016 7:57 AM
    • Marked as answer by Barry Wang Monday, October 10, 2016 12:18 AM
    Friday, October 7, 2016 6:32 AM
  • @eyasso,

Well, glad to know that you've got a working environment. I think we can close this thread by mark your own reply. It shows the reason of your problem which may give others some good info.

Best regards,

Barry

Friday, October 7, 2016 7:59 AM