none
Single Sign on in asp.net applications RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,

I need to implement Single sign on in asp.net applications implemented inside an enterprise.
    If somebody has implemented it sometime, please provide the approach to achieve the same.

Thanks
    Thompson
    Tuesday, September 8, 2009 4:06 PM

All replies

• Wednesday, September 9, 2009 9:46 AM
  • Hi Atul,
    Hardluck,I have already gone through the sites provided by you. These websites talks about situation where username password of different websites are same and based on form authentication ticket, we pass on the user from one web application to another.

My problem is somewhat different.
    I have 3 asp.net based systems. Each one has its own membership database to store username password(different for same user in different applications) and also the role of user is different in different systems. Now i want a single sign on solution by which when user login to one web application and inside it when it tries to access anoth web application, his current username/passsword is mapped to username/password of other application.After getting transferred to another application, he will get role as preset for it in that specific application.
    I know that if i use single kerberos based authentication,we can use it but don't know the full solution details.

Also if i don't use kerberos, then whar should be the approach.
    Can you please help me in this

Cheers Thompson
    Wednesday, September 9, 2009 11:33 AM
  • Atul told you about single sign on, which is a single username and password to gain access to multiple sites.

I'd say that you've already described what you need to do - using the 'master' username and password, provide lookups based on the site that retrieve the username and password for that site. 

You may be able to do this automatically by writing a HttpHandler and installing it on each of the applications, to redirect out to your mapping / login solution.

I hope that this helps,

Martin.
    MCSD, MCTS, MCPD. Please mark my post as helpful if you find the information good!
    Tuesday, September 15, 2009 2:19 AM