none
Invalid handler key : data-task

Question

• Hi,

i am using bing maps. I believe version 7.33. I construct my directions with:
    directionsManager.addWaypoint()
    Waypoint created with:
    return new Microsoft.Maps.Directions.Waypoint({
        address: address,
        Microsoft.Maps.Location(latitude, longitude)
    });
    All route is displayed OK, distance calculated. The problem is when i try to modify route by dragging it in the map. I can drag it just first time. During that action i get this error in console: "Invalid handler key : data-task" and i cannot drag it back.

It guess that some sort of handler could not be attached. Any suggestions what might be wrong here? If you need more info, please ask what you need.

Monday, December 31, 2018 11:09 AM

All replies

• Is this in a Windows app on a Windows 10 machine?
    Tuesday, January 1, 2019 9:20 PM
    Owner
  • It's Bing maps in javascript
    Wednesday, January 2, 2019 7:11 AM
  • Thanks Evaldz,

You should be using the V8 control and not V7.33.  Take a look at the sample here https://www.bing.com/api/maps/sdkrelease/mapcontrol/isdk/directionsaddwaypoint and see if you can have your code follow that pattern.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Wednesday, January 2, 2019 5:43 PM
    Owner
  • Thank you for your reply. I have visited your provided sample and it gives the same result. Once i alter the route i get this error and i cannot drag it back. I have uploaded the gif here: https://imgur.com/a/9koxbMf

I have tested on Chrome, IE, Edge, Firefox. Same result on all of them.

Thursday, January 3, 2019 11:29 AM
  • Hi Evaldz,

I have escalated this to the Bing Maps V8 control team.  They work on issues using the AGILE method so I can not guarantee a response time.

Can you provide an impact statement as to how this message affects your final product?  

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Saturday, January 5, 2019 3:33 PM
    Owner
  • I am working on an app, that helps users to calculate their traveling distance. Even though we have implemented multiple destinations where you can add waypoint in the middle of your trip, this route drag functionality can be quite useful. But the fact that after dragging it cannot be moved more or reset gives this medium issue to us.
    Monday, January 7, 2019 6:18 AM
  • Hi Evaldz,

Can you please reach out to MapLic@Microsoft.com with this issue?  Tell them you need to be connected to the Bing Maps CAT team.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Monday, January 7, 2019 8:41 PM
    Owner
  • I'll do that. Thank you
    Tuesday, January 8, 2019 5:34 AM