options for architecture RRS feed

• Question

• User1842222572 posted

hello everybody – we are a small group purchasing company with a few customers and we collect different kind of data manually from our customers. we are wondering what options do we have in terms of creating an application so our customers can enter and upload data.

i know this would need to be in a dmz etc. but i just want to know if there any documents (word, ppt etc.) out there that I can go through to see various options available such as creating a web service, web page etc. i am trying to find a document so i can show it my boss (he is director of finance). thank you all

Saturday, February 14, 2015 5:27 PM

All replies

• User2129316869 posted

My opinion:

Provide an excel template for this data to your customer and build a web application where they can upload the excel file which automatically inserts the data provided in your database.

Best Regards 

Sunday, February 15, 2015 3:39 PM
  • User1689970273 posted

hi sam,

if you don't want to program and you need a very fast and easy to build forms and data out, you may use http://www.wufoo.com/land/2/.  Otherwise, if you need more secure way is create a simple app with the following stacks.... asp.net mvc, iis hosting(cloud), sql server(cloud),web api.   I believe you have all these options at your hand.

Saturday, February 28, 2015 11:03 PM