none
Increasing the vHDX size in MBs Fslogix and OneDrive Data sync RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I have a query if you could help please.
    I have setup Fslogix to sync OneDrive data for Citrix XenApp 7.15 LTSR users.
    I have set the Size in MBs to 20 GB in the GPO, but now we see that there are users who are coming with OneDrive data as big as 40GB, 50GB etc, so do I have to increase the Size in MBs in GPO from the current 20 GB to 50 GB?

And can I just do that by replacing the current 20 GB to 50 GB in the policy or will that require any specific steps to increase? Will it cause any issue to the existing users who already have the vHDX created with the set 20 GB in GPO? Please suggest.

Anwar

Monday, February 24, 2020 1:07 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Only new users\disks will be affected by the GPO change, and get the 50 GB.

Old users\disks will remain 20 GB.

Some info here:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f0ecc72e-78e8-48a9-99e6-e159f87f2cef/how-to-resize-the-current-vhdx-in-fslogix?forum=FSLogix

Regrds
    Fredrik

Tuesday, February 25, 2020 11:16 AM
  • Hi Fred,

Thank you so much for the reply, much appreciated.

I had seen that URL earlier as well, but it does not provide details on how to do for bulk users, especially in my case we have Citrix XenAPP servers and I have installed the FSlogix and OneDrive to the Windows 2016 Master Image and since multiple users sync their OneDrive Data with FSlogix from different XenApp servers which are provisioned from this Win 2016master image, so it already has a certain vHDX ( I have set a size in MBs limit to 30 GB in FSlogix GPO for the FSlogix VHD ) already created for some users who are using it and we have more users being planned for moving to this FSlogix/OneDrive setup who have Data more than 30 GB, like some have 40 GB OneDrive data, some have 100 GB OneDrive data, so for these new users who have more data than what I have set for 30 GB for vHDx in GPO, so how to factor that in was my question and if such users are in hundreds? So can we increase for all users or it is a manual work to be followed for each user?

Regards

Anwar

• Edited by Anwar Shamim Wednesday, February 26, 2020 9:51 AM
    Wednesday, February 26, 2020 9:50 AM