How to import data from URL link RRS feed

• Question

• User1204001225 posted

Hi

sorry if I ask in wrong forum.

I have an idea, and hope to find a one to help me to make it real.

It is like data entry.

I have a program to store data. The data comes from requests sent by customers in web forms.

Program and Website, each one has a separate database, and a special password and user name.

The idea is making a programe "connecter" to drog and drop link inside it, and the connecter login in Website to copy the information from requst form, then logon in the Data Programe to paste it.

hope my idea was clear.

Thursday, May 15, 2014 1:02 PM

Answers

• User1918509225 posted

Hi ,

Based on my understanding ,when you enter a link, and you can grab  the  member information through ceratin rules,and import to ecxel sheet.

I think you can try to download the content in the page,when you pass a url to the application.

You can use WebClient ,Here is link may help you:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4510212/how-i-can-get-web-pages-content-and-save-it-into-the-string-variable

Hope it can help you.

Best Rgeards,

Kevin Shen.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, May 16, 2014 3:58 AM
  • User753101303 posted

You have several to do that. You could render a GridView to HTML and then trick Excel in loading the HTML file. Else you could use the "Open XML SDK" to generate "true" Excel files (or use a third party library).

Depending on the purpose you could also expose that as a  "web api". Basically you can then use those data programmatically from another web site (pay attention to security and privacy).

Directly reading this from a page is a last thing as you do (it breaks if the layout changes and if is is not explicitely exposed, more likely the web site owner intent is not to expose this information. Not sure if this is just a sample of what you want to do or if this is really this particular information that you want to get).

Friday, May 16, 2014 4:46 AM

All replies

• User753101303 posted

Hi,

Not really. For now it would seems to me you would like to show a form a web site and copy/paste data from this form to a form that is on another website ?

Usually you rather create a way to sent directly data from one site to another (db replication, export/import files, web services etc...). Try rather to explain what you want to do rather than how you want to do something that is still unclear.

For example if both websites are on your control and hosted at the same place they could likely just share some common data without even having any transfer to do...

Thursday, May 15, 2014 1:44 PM
  • User1204001225 posted

thank you for your reply.

this is my profile link http://forums.asp.net/members/007asom.aspx .

there is information like Member Since, Last Visited, Timezone:, ... etc.

this information we can see it in all member profiles.

my idea is for example import this information to excel sheet.

hope it is clear now :$

thank you.

Friday, May 16, 2014 3:33 AM
  • User1918509225 posted

Hi ,

Based on my understanding ,when you enter a link, and you can grab  the  member information through ceratin rules,and import to ecxel sheet.

I think you can try to download the content in the page,when you pass a url to the application.

You can use WebClient ,Here is link may help you:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4510212/how-i-can-get-web-pages-content-and-save-it-into-the-string-variable

Hope it can help you.

Best Rgeards,

Kevin Shen.

Friday, May 16, 2014 3:58 AM
  • User753101303 posted

You have several to do that. You could render a GridView to HTML and then trick Excel in loading the HTML file. Else you could use the "Open XML SDK" to generate "true" Excel files (or use a third party library).

Depending on the purpose you could also expose that as a  "web api". Basically you can then use those data programmatically from another web site (pay attention to security and privacy).

Directly reading this from a page is a last thing as you do (it breaks if the layout changes and if is is not explicitely exposed, more likely the web site owner intent is not to expose this information. Not sure if this is just a sample of what you want to do or if this is really this particular information that you want to get).

Friday, May 16, 2014 4:46 AM
  • User1204001225 posted

Kevin, PatriceSc

thank you (F)

Friday, May 16, 2014 10:06 AM