InfoPath View Item Webpart RRS feed

• Question

• WebPart page:

• left zone \ a simple custom list view
    • right zone \ view form for selected item of the left list

So i wonder if it is possible to make this view item list form - InfoPath based ?

Sunday, May 8, 2011 11:05 AM

Answers

• You bet - InfoPath can accept values from a web part connection and the value coming into the infopath form can be bound to an element inside the main data source (you'd want to pass the Id inside the connection). Then just add a receive data source from the sharepoint list and filter by the Id element from the connection.

Sunday, May 8, 2011 10:30 PM
  • Evernite, please ask InfoPath questions in the InfoPath forum.  The answer is very simple thankfully, and Todd gave it.  I just wanted to clarify that what he's talking about is a list view web part for your list and an InfoPath Form Web Part connected to that SAME list, assuming that you have converted that list to InfoPath forms.  Then, you don't even have to pick any parameters.  After you configure the Form Web Part to show forms from the proper list, all you do then is Edit Web Part (on the InfoPath Form Web Part), click the Connections option, choose the web part connection type called "Get Form From," and then select the list view web part.  Since the form comes from that list, then you don't have to tell it anything else.  It will know to show the associated form when an item is selected.

Now, if you were trying to connect a list view web part to a form that wasn't from the same list, then you'd pick parameters to pass for filtering or data populate purposes.

SharePoint Architect || Microsoft MVP || My Blog
    Planet Technologies || SharePoint Task Force
    Monday, May 9, 2011 1:38 AM

All replies

• You bet - InfoPath can accept values from a web part connection and the value coming into the infopath form can be bound to an element inside the main data source (you'd want to pass the Id inside the connection). Then just add a receive data source from the sharepoint list and filter by the Id element from the connection.

Sunday, May 8, 2011 10:30 PM
  • Evernite, please ask InfoPath questions in the InfoPath forum.  The answer is very simple thankfully, and Todd gave it.  I just wanted to clarify that what he's talking about is a list view web part for your list and an InfoPath Form Web Part connected to that SAME list, assuming that you have converted that list to InfoPath forms.  Then, you don't even have to pick any parameters.  After you configure the Form Web Part to show forms from the proper list, all you do then is Edit Web Part (on the InfoPath Form Web Part), click the Connections option, choose the web part connection type called "Get Form From," and then select the list view web part.  Since the form comes from that list, then you don't have to tell it anything else.  It will know to show the associated form when an item is selected.

Now, if you were trying to connect a list view web part to a form that wasn't from the same list, then you'd pick parameters to pass for filtering or data populate purposes.

SharePoint Architect || Microsoft MVP || My Blog
    Planet Technologies || SharePoint Task Force
    Monday, May 9, 2011 1:38 AM