none
Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have a relatively new install of VS 2008 Standard. I have created a small database using SQLServerCE 3.5 and used it sucsessfully in a VB project.

I want to display some of the data from the CE database in a Web page so I created an asp.net project. I simply have a line of HTML a SQLDataSource pointing to the .sdf file and a databound grid to display data from the datasource. The live display in VS looks good.

When I test this project I see the following in IE.

(Note if I create an identical project by using a SQLServer Express connection everything works OK so this seems to be down to a problem with SQLServerCE)

Any ideas very gratefully received.

[ArgumentException: Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider.  It may not be installed.]
       System.Data.Common.DbProviderFactories.GetFactory(String providerInvariantName) +1447431
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSource.GetDbProviderFactory() +63
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSource.GetDbProviderFactorySecure() +19
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSourceView.ExecuteSelect(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments) +120
       System.Web.UI.DataSourceView.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments, DataSourceViewSelectCallback callback) +17
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.PerformSelect() +149
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.DataBind() +70
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.FormView.DataBind() +4
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.EnsureDataBound() +82
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.FormView.EnsureDataBound() +163
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.CompositeDataBoundControl.CreateChildControls() +69
       System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +87
       System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +50
       System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +170
       System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +170
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2041

Mike

Saturday, February 2, 2008 10:28 AM