none
SharePoint Hosted app list permission RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone!!!

I have created a share point hosted app that have 2 master list and one list on which the my custom approval workflow runs.

Now I want that on master list only admin can add the record and no one can delete/modify the records

and list on which approval runs, when the workflow is running it should be read only and no one can edit the records  but when approver rejects then user who has submitted the records should be able to edit the record.

It urgent. Please suggest.

Regards,

Sonika 

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 1:38 PM

All replies

• Hi Sonika,

In SharePoint hosted app, you can create a group to involve the admins, then assign the permission to group to make only admin can work with the record.

You can refer the article below to set permission:

SharePoint Host Apps - User Permissions

For workflow approval, we can add Jquery in the list edit form, validate the approve results and then make the input control read only.

A demo about set item read only using Jquery for your reference:

How to make a field in a SharePoint Edit form readonly

Thanks

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 8:21 AM
  • Thanks for your reply.

But how I will create the group inside the share point hosted app and bind this group with my list for permission.

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 8:29 AM
  • Hi SonikaJ,

You can create the site group in the host web and then assign the user permission in the SharePoint hosted app like the capture below:

Thanks

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, February 23, 2017 12:40 PM