Gateway time-out during deployment QnA maker RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

During the deployment of a QnA Maker service, first I get this error:

- InternalServerError (The service is unavailable.)

Later on it changes to:

GatewayTimeout (The gateway did not receive a response from 'Microsoft.Search' within the specified time period.)

This error is thrown at the deployment of the Azure Search resource, the other resources were deployed.  At the moment, I have two QnA-bots running in my subscription. These bots have their make use of their own resources (Cognitive resources, search resources etc.). One is on a  F (free) tier, the other is on a B (basic) tier. It doesn't matter which paid pricing tier I choose, the error keeps comming up. Of course, the free tier isn't available because it is already used by the other bot. 

What could be wrong?

Thank you.

Regards,

Tom

Friday, May 8, 2020 7:49 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Tom,

Is it possible to restart your app service from the Azure portal for the bot that you are facing issues with during deployment? You can navigate to the resource group of your QnA resource where all the services related to the QnA resource i.e the search, app, app insights will be available, please select the app service and hit the restart option to check if the bot can be deployed successfully after the restart of the app service.

-Rohit

• Marked as answer by t_Jasp Monday, May 11, 2020 12:50 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by t_Jasp Monday, May 11, 2020 12:50 PM
    Monday, May 11, 2020 10:59 AM
  • Hello Rahit,

Thank you for the response. 

Although I haven't changed anything, this morning the app was successfully deployed. So I guess the problem is solved.

Regards,

Tom

Monday, May 11, 2020 12:50 PM