Error 12007 from HttpSendRequest when running from network location on Windows 8 Developer Preview

Question

• Hello,

I'm getting error 12007 when calling HttpSendRequest() in an application that is being run from a network location on Windows 8 Developer Preview.  The problem goes away if I copy the application locally to the Windows 8 system or if I run the application from a media location.  I've done some searching around and can't seem to find a solution.

As a test, I created a test application using the example code found in KB 839873 that describes a similar issue with IE 6 a long time ago.  This test code successfully reproduces the issue I'm seeing.

Is there something that has changed with WinINet on Windows 8 that would cause this behavior?  If so, what is the workaround?

Thanks!

- Jason

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 8:34 PM

All replies

• Hi Jason,

I think your issue should be raised in the Windows Developer Preview: General OS questions. I believe they will know more information of this issue than us, and I will move this one to that forum.

Thanks for your understanding,

Best regards,

Jesse

Jesse Jiang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Thursday, January 12, 2012 6:47 AM
  • Hello jziaja,

I suggest you submit this to the Connect Feedback site.

You can submit feedback using the Windows Feedback Tool from the Connect Site associated with your Windows Developer Preview program7.? If you’re an MSDN subscriber, the information on how to join the Connect program is included on the download page where you installed Windows Developer Preview. There’s a link to the Connect site and an invitation code that you can click on to join using a Windows Live ID account. If you’re not an MSDN subscriber follow this limited use link to join the Connect program and then follow the steps here.

If you are prompted for an invitation code, please enter the following key. MSDN-76H9-3CFP

https://connect.microsoft.com/site1147/InvitationUse.aspx?ProgramID=7221&InvitationID=MSDN-76H9-3CFP

Thanks,

Marilyn
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 11:48 PM