none
How can I save different View settings of KStudio application? RRS feed

• Question

• I am working with Kinect V2 SDK and I use KStudio for various monitoring purposes. I recently found out that the view can customized and searched for any configuration file where this customization might be getting saved. I couldn't find it and there was no real help on internet as well. Can you tell me where this configuration gets saved?

Thanks in advance!!

Wednesday, November 16, 2016 5:37 PM

Answers

• Very interesting question. I never thought about exploring this, or for any of the KStudio's configuration files.

For starters, KStudio does not support presets or dynamic reloading of the xmls it uses for that kind of configuration. So if you want to do any changes, KStudio must be closed, otherwise any changes will be overwritten as the app serializes any runtime configurations back to disk on close.

The path is "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\KStudioWindows\2.0".

WindowState is the file you want. It stores the layout.

SessionState keeps MostRecentlyUsed items towards the end as well as the list of xef files you see when trying to open recent. It also keeps some ServiceSettings for Studio like OpenTargetConnectOnStartup and AutoStopMonitorOnRecord.

Extensions , you don't want to mess with. It keeps info about some of the dlls around the KStudio.exe and how to use them. But nothing pops up as configurable. It would serve if you had any custom plugins for KStudio and wanted to integrate them I guess.

• Proposed as answer by Nikolaos Patsiouras Thursday, November 17, 2016 8:39 AM
    • Marked as answer by yogesh_9 Monday, November 21, 2016 5:13 PM
    Thursday, November 17, 2016 8:39 AM