Connection from remote Computer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

H have Sql Server 2005 database , I can connecte with it from local computer with vb 2008 Applecation,but when connect with it from another computer I get an Exception :System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. )

please help me
    Friday, September 4, 2009 5:20 PM

Answers

• Change the Authentication Mode of the SQL server from “Windows Authentication Mode (Windows Authentication)”
    to “Mixed Mode (Windows Authentication and SQL Server Authentication)”.

Thanks, Leks
    • Marked as answer by Ora-dbaabode Saturday, September 5, 2009 11:33 AM
    Saturday, September 5, 2009 9:14 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Try logging in to the server locally with the same authentication which you are using to connect remotely first.
    Sunil Madan | MCDBA | MCTS
    Friday, September 4, 2009 8:48 PM
  • thank you Sunil

I get the reason ,I use the Windows authentication ,may be I must Sql Server authentication ,but I beginer with Sql Server

how easy Statments to create DataBase User

Note :I know how create database user with Oracle DataBase

Friday, September 4, 2009 9:11 PM
  • I know you are used to using commands to work on database. However, try using SQL Server management studio. Go to Security and create a login, grant permission to the DB you want.
    Sunil Madan | MCDBA | MCTS
    Saturday, September 5, 2009 12:04 AM
  • I created the login and user ,but when I try conecte with Sql Server with Sql Server authentication I get error :

"The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 18452)"

do you have any idea?

Saturday, September 5, 2009 12:14 AM
  • Change the Authentication Mode of the SQL server from “Windows Authentication Mode (Windows Authentication)”
    to “Mixed Mode (Windows Authentication and SQL Server Authentication)”.

Thanks, Leks
    • Marked as answer by Ora-dbaabode Saturday, September 5, 2009 11:33 AM
    Saturday, September 5, 2009 9:14 AM
    Answerer
  • The above statement can also be viewed at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/555332
    Thanks, Leks
    Saturday, September 5, 2009 9:15 AM
    Answerer
  • Thank you
    Saturday, September 5, 2009 11:37 AM