none
AS2 Headers and MessageID property RRS feed

• Question

• Pretty much crawling in the EDI-AS2 world..

This is what I am trying to do.. Sending a EDI 850 over AS2 using HTTP. The trading partner wants us to set the filename on the payload (which after reading posts is not supported in R2 but will be in 09 Release). So we are planning to set the MessageID with the filename and send it across. That said, these are the problems I am having..
    1. When I send the file using AS2Send, I dont see the AS2 properties like AS-To, AS2-From and other properties in the header.. Why is it?
    2. If I wish to see the MessageID property there, shud I be following MSDN's article http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb743500.aspx. Should I use a custom pipeline component or setting the EDIIntAS2.MessageID in orch should suffice..

Thanks all for viewing.. Any direction is welcome and highly appreciated

Thanks
    Monday, November 24, 2008 6:25 AM

Answers

• Hi Sujit,

1. Properties AS2-To and AS2-From should be in the mime headers. Where/how are you looking at the message header?

2. I believe setting the EDIIntAS2.MessageID context property in orchestration should work. You can do any of the three things you mentioned.

Thanks,

Mithun

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 4:28 PM

All replies

• Hi Sujit,

1. Properties AS2-To and AS2-From should be in the mime headers. Where/how are you looking at the message header?

2. I believe setting the EDIIntAS2.MessageID context property in orchestration should work. You can do any of the three things you mentioned.

Thanks,

Mithun

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 4:28 PM
  • Mithun:
    Thanks for your reply.

1. My mistake. Its working the way I expect. Its in the initial section of the message on receive side..
    2. If I set the "MessageID" property within the Orchestration, should I be setting the "OriginalID" property value to be the same as "MessageID" property?. On a different note (If I am not setting the value of MessageID from orch), I wanted to know at what point the MessageID prioperty value is set.

TIA. Reply when you get a chance.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008 4:22 AM
  • You should not try to set the OriginalMessageId property because this is what helps you correlate messages back to the first exchanged AS2 message. You can just set MessageId. The documentation for the AS2 context properties helps with understanding these properties: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb226483.aspx.

Thanks,

Thursday, November 27, 2008 4:47 AM
  • Hi Sujit,

If you do not set Message-ID, AS2Send pipeline generates one in the AS2 Encoder.

Thanks,
    Mithun
    Friday, November 28, 2008 11:16 AM
  • Thanks Ben. I am no longer setting it because I also read it elsewhere that correlation might not be supported. Out of curiosity, Will the "OriginalMessageId" value be set to "MessageId" in the AS2 Encoder pipeline component?
    Monday, December 1, 2008 4:08 AM
  • Thanks Mithun for your reply,
    This is what I am doing about the "MessageId" property -
    1. Created a custom pipeline component to read the "UserHttpHeader" context property.
    2. Read the context value and change the "MessageId" accordingly.
    3. Write back the value into the "UserHttpHeader" (using baseMessage.context.Write()")
    2. Placed it under the Encode stage of my send pipeline component.

This seems to be working fine.. Let me know if it sounds okay.

Monday, December 1, 2008 4:12 AM