Error after installing EF June 2011 CTP - Method not found: 'System.Collections.ObjectModel.ReadOnlyCollection` - ASP.NET RRS feed

• Question

• I've installed EF June CTP to use enums, but after I did it all of my projects began to show this error:

Method not found: 'System.Collections.ObjectModel.ReadOnlyCollection`1<System.Data.Metadata.Edm.EdmMember> System.Data.Metadata.Edm.MetadataWorkspace.GetRelevantMembersForUpdate(System.Data.Metadata.Edm.EntitySetBase, System.Data.Metadata.Edm.EntityTypeBase, Boolean)'.

Even the ones set to use .NET Framework 4 show this error.

Flash

• Moved by Mike Feng Tuesday, July 10, 2012 7:03 AM EF (From:.NET Base Class Library)
    Monday, July 9, 2012 7:41 PM

Answers

• Thank you Allen, 

But I've decided to uninstall it and reinstall EF 4.0 and do what I need by hand.

I hope my webserver updates its servers to use .NET 4.5 as soon as possible (hopefully not to long after its official release) so then I can update to EF 5.0

Flash

• Marked as answer by Allen_MSDN Tuesday, July 17, 2012 2:43 AM
    Wednesday, July 11, 2012 2:01 PM

All replies

• I guess you can get better response in Entity Framework Forum

Mark Answered, if it solves your question and Vote if you found it helpful.
    Rohit Arora

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 5:46 AM
  • Hi Flash3001,

Welcome to MSDN Forum.

Please upgrade your Entity Framework to version5.0, Enum support is the new feature in this version, please refer here. Here's a walkthrough about how to use Enum in Entity Framework5.0, please refer here.

Best Regards

Allen Li [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 3:40 AM
  • Thank you Allen, 

But I've decided to uninstall it and reinstall EF 4.0 and do what I need by hand.

I hope my webserver updates its servers to use .NET 4.5 as soon as possible (hopefully not to long after its official release) so then I can update to EF 5.0

Flash

• Marked as answer by Allen_MSDN Tuesday, July 17, 2012 2:43 AM
    Wednesday, July 11, 2012 2:01 PM