[CLOSED] How to change Windows Store App's package family name?

Question

• Hi

I have developed a Windows Store application. When I tried submitting my aapxbundle file to Windows Store, I got the below error,

Invalid package family name: Abc.AbcMyapplication_bj0qpckq9gv72 (expected: Abc.AbcMyapplication_j9d5akq8073h6)

I am unable to change this package family name in the manifest file.

Please let me know how I can change its value to the one expected by the Store.

Thanks

Saturday, November 14, 2015 6:50 AM

All replies

• Hi VDNS,

You can try to replace your existing identity name, family name and publisher name by the "expected string" in the package.manifest and appmanifest file then rebuild and try to submit.

Best regards!
    Saturday, November 14, 2015 9:44 AM
  • The package family name attribute is non-editable. Im not able to modify its value even in the xml editor.
    Monday, November 16, 2015 5:43 AM
  • Hello VDNS,

At this time, changing the Windows Store App's package family name is not an available functionality. If you would like further clarification, please create a request with us here through your developer account so we may assist you appropriately. Thank you!

Monday, November 16, 2015 8:40 PM
  • Hi

I have developed a Windows Store application. When I tried submitting my aapxbundle file to Windows Store, I got the below error,

Invalid package family name: Abc.AbcMyapplication_bj0qpckq9gv72 (expected: Abc.AbcMyapplication_j9d5akq8073h6)

I am unable to change this package family name in the manifest file.

Please let me know how I can change its value to the one expected by the Store.

Thanks

Had same issue. After banging my head on desk until sore, discovered a very simple solution.

If you are using Visual Studio (I have community edition) go to:

Project: Store: Associate App with Store

This seems to sync everything without any editing. You may have to verify your account with code sent to your email.

Monday, December 28, 2015 3:22 PM