Xamarin Vlc for everyone ! RRS feed

• Question

• User60112 posted

Hello guys , I have managed to make two small project (Xamarin.Forms.Android) + (Xamarin.Android ). Where i used VLC library as a video player . So I would like to make it better and more useful for people (like in the end it would be a nuget package) . So is anyone interested to contribute in this ? I do not think I can do it by my own only. I was thinking to have it on Github but i need experts here :)

Sunday, July 3, 2016 12:40 AM

All replies

• User60112 posted

For those who are interetested in this thing , please have a look at the github project here https://github.com/tombby11/Xamarin.Vlc It has many issues and that is what I need your help with to make it more stable

Saturday, July 16, 2016 3:38 PM
  • User52818 posted

Are you planning to make it for Forms? Here is someone that has done stuff with VLC already. You might find this useful: https://github.com/martijn00/VlcXamarin

Friday, July 22, 2016 1:29 PM
  • User60112 posted

Hello @RogerSchmidlin , actually the one I made in my github , it is based on the what you have sent me (or rather based on the same file he has built with buínding project) , the problem with what you have sent is that the sample does not show a video and there is no description about how to do it . So I solved that and I have made the project in the link https://github.com/tombby11/Xamarin.Vlc

And I have included a sample that works on Xamarin.Forms. Would you like to help ?

Friday, July 22, 2016 1:37 PM
  • User52818 posted

I am not a crack, but I can try :) I will have a look at your sample code.

Friday, July 22, 2016 1:39 PM
  • User60112 posted

Great @RogerSchmidlin ! having the spirit can be enough for now. I need help with producing a new vlclib.dll from the latest android project here . That can be done using Binding .aar library . However when i do so the produced dll does not contain all the classes! I have asked @Martijn00 about it since he succeeded in building the library but i guess he is busy or something :smile:
    sorry for keep mentioning your name but just to ensure that you get a notfication . so check it out , and if you think it got your interest , maybe you can send me your contact to make it easier :smiley:

Friday, July 22, 2016 1:50 PM
  • User48866 posted

That can be done using Binding .aar library . However when i do so the produced dll does not contain all the classes!

I faced this problem before and fixed by compiling the java (May be Android Studio) and C# binding project with same version of Android framework.

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 12:27 PM
  • User60112 posted

I faced this problem before and fixed by compiling the java (May be Android Studio) and C# binding project with same version of Android framework.

@PrabakaranRamasamy , can you please explain more :smile: ? how do i know which version of Android framework ?

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 9:53 PM
  • User260819 posted

Hi,

I might be a bit late in this forum but i wanted to understand one thing:

I am looking for a VLC based cross platform solution which allows me to consume live stream. It seems I will have to use individual dependencies for Android, ios and UWP?

What if i have to extend exiting solution https://github.com/tombby11/Xamarin.Vlc to support other platforms as well?

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 2:12 PM
  • User60112 posted

hello @pSharma first of all those are two things :P
    Well i have created made the vlc working on android because i needed that to be working also with Xamarin.Forms (Android) . When it worked i decided to share it with people so they can extend it and play around with it. So please feel free to take a fork (branch) and extend it with other platforms. Are you good with Github? if yes maybe you can help me with the project , i do not know how to make it shine and i know that many people ,if it worked, would be very happy having VLC.Forms for Android , iOS and windows. And it would be even nicer if there was a nuget package out of it :)

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 2:22 PM
  • User260819 posted

Sure,

I would love to be part of the project, Let me know how can i help you?

e.g. To make it compatible with UWP i could not find a suitable NuGet Package.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 2:51 PM
  • User60112 posted

Great if you would like to help with UWP , I think you can have the libvlc directly from there source which is I found it for you here I think you can extract the necessary library files which can be used for custom renderer for UWP :smile: I good idea though is to make it a nuget package :) Do you use Slack ? maybe we can keep better contact if you have it

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 9:29 PM
  • User163024 posted

Hi;

How can i add seekbar for VLC Player? Can you help me?

Thanks...

Wednesday, May 24, 2017 11:35 AM
  • User163024 posted

@ahmadmadi said: Great if you would like to help with UWP , I think you can have the libvlc directly from there source which is I found it for you here I think you can extract the necessary library files which can be used for custom renderer for UWP :smile: I good idea though is to make it a nuget package :) Do you use Slack ? maybe we can keep better contact if you have it

How can i add seekbar for VLC Player? Can you help me?

Wednesday, May 24, 2017 1:22 PM
  • User60112 posted

Hello @HamdiHakan , I do not know about that to be honest , but i think you have to design it yourself , and make it bindable to the player , I know that you can control the player to go to a certain point of the media , but I think you have to design a seekplayer by yourself

Thursday, May 25, 2017 2:56 PM
  • User163024 posted

Thanks for information @ahmadmadi . How can I adjust the video width and height settings proportionately?

Thursday, May 25, 2017 2:58 PM
  • User163024 posted

Hi;

I added seekbar for VLC Player. I can create a sample project if it wants to.

Tuesday, June 6, 2017 7:32 AM
  • User60112 posted

Hi @HamdiHakan That would be great! In fact I have an idea to convert VLCLib from Java to C# like we translate the whole code instead of using binding libraries. My idea is to have the code so we can control it . Do you think that is something can be interesting for you ?

Wednesday, June 7, 2017 4:05 PM
  • User347461 posted

Any one have the sample of VLC for iOS in Xamarin. Kindly share the solution.

Friday, February 16, 2018 9:13 AM