Submission Credits (again) RRS feed

• Question

• In November I was unfortunate enough to run out of submission credits to upload paid apps. I opened ticket number SRX1223901078ID to request more credits to allow submission of apps up to the renewal date of the account when 100 credits should be added automatically.

On December 3rd the phone account was due for renewal (brought into line with my store account) so was expecting 100 credits to be added to the account – these did not materialise, and when contacted support they informed me that the account was not renewed – hence no credits, even though

1. Up to 3rd December the phone dashboard was showing the renewal was required

2. After 3rd December the dashboard showed that the account was in order

3. I receive an email from MS saying both phone account and store account was renewed.

Of course, I still have no credits and cannot submit paid apps.

Before Christmas I chatted to Joe, who was helping to resolve the situation. He informed me that nothing could be done until the new year – understandable at holiday time, and the situation would be progressed in the new year. Heard nothing, so emailed support yesterday only to receive the standard – we cannot issue credits response from the original responder.

Where do I go now?

I have apps I would like to sell on the store, and these apps do sell.

Why does it take so long to issue credits? The last time I applied (without the complication of a renewal) was in June when the process took 5 weeks.

This really is getting to the point where the time spent trying to obtain credits is just not worth while. I have supported the phone store for a number of years and seen a great deal of improvement in the phone store over the last year, I now get paid monthly and receive transaction reports in a timely manner now – which is a great improvement over previous years.

This is not about service representative bashing – I feel that they are doing their best to help but seem to be tied up by the process.

Sorry for the length of post.

Thursday, January 9, 2014 10:34 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello DMA2011,

There was a hold on releasing any new submission credits during the holiday period, however, we are now able to review submission credit requests on a case by case basis.

I have been in contact with the agent that has your case and you should receive an email with additional details.

-Eric

Windows Phone Developer Support

Send us your feedback about the Dev Center

Windows 8 UI Developer Support

Friday, January 10, 2014 8:30 PM
  • Thanks for your response Eric. I was told of the holiday moratorium on credits, which is why I left it a full week to see if it was actioned as promised before contacting MS.

I was indeed contacted again to say that my request was being reviewed. This was followed up yesterday (nearly a week later) by a request for more information regarding individual app names and descriptions.

I have already explained numerous times by mail and chat why it is not possible to supply specific information. We have been granted extra credits on numerous occasions on this basis in the past, and by chat your representative said this was OK.

This request was first submitted on November 18th – nearly 2 months ago.

I have submitted a support request

I have sent (and received) 9 emails regarding this matter

I have had 3 chat sessions regarding this

I have now posted twice to this forum.

Still the issue has not progressed. It seems that a new developer can upload anything within an hour or so, but an established developer with a verifiable track record (you have statistics on sales, returns, complaints, even number of crashes) has to more or less beg to upload more apps.

I have done just about as much as I can to submit more apps to your store, but the effort is now far greater than the value obtained, so I shall have to just keep taking the generated income without contributing more apps (at least with the combined store/phone subscription I shall not have to pay for this any more!) It really should be quite simple - you either want our new apps on the store or you don't - If its the latter then just tell us and off we go, please don't expect us to endure this run around on a regular basis.

This is really a no win situation for anyone – I lose royalty, MS lose their sales cut, and the store user is deprived of additional apps – which sell well and are popular with many people.

Just as an aside - If one of my app users had contacted me in the last 2 months with an issue with an app – I would not have been able to update the app to upload a replacement app to fix the problem! Where is the service in this?

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 10:14 AM
  • Hello Anthony,

This is how I propose we proceed so we can get you additional submission credits:

1. Please go ahead and follow the process outlined by the agent by providing the information that was requested.

2. Reach out to a Tech Advisor and they should be able to work with you to determine if you are eligible for additional support. I will send you the details on how to get in contact with an advisor via email.

-Eric

Windows Phone Developer Support

Send us your feedback about the Dev Center

Windows 8 UI Developer Support

Thursday, January 16, 2014 1:11 AM