sql server error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I'm getting below error:-

Connection Failed:
    SQLState: '01000'
    SQL Server Error: 772
    [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]ConnectionOpen (SECDoClientHandshake())
    Connection Failed:
    SQLState: '018001'
    SQL Server Error: 18
    [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]SSL Security error

Can anybody help me out?

Thanks
    Monday, November 9, 2009 3:13 PM

Answers

• Hi Stoyko,

thanks for the reply.... we resolved the issue it was a crzay VIRUS problem.... thanks

regards,
    Kumar
    • Marked as answer by gk1393 Friday, November 13, 2009 6:32 PM
    Friday, November 13, 2009 6:32 PM

All replies

• Can you please describe your scenario in more detail? What SQL Server version are you running against? What's the Operating System etc;
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 12:46 AM
  • Hi Raj,

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlsecurity/thread/269bd885-b687-41cc-8752-803d6cee27c3

you can read more details about my problem into above link....

regarding your questions, our users are using sql server 2005 and 2008 as per requirement which server is getting into access, all the users are running Windows XP as OS.

please let me know if you need any more further details than.

Thanks

regards,
    Kumar
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 1:21 AM
  • Can you provide us with some more information from ERRORLOG on the server, after attempting to connect?
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 10:51 PM
  • Hi Casey,

I don't have access to server and hence CANNOT provide you more information from ERRORLOG, but let me explain my senario again...

I have couple of user's they want to access "From Microsoft Query" of MSExcel 2007 but they aren't able to connect, it gives us above error which I have written in BOLD.

Although they are HAVING Read access to 2005 as well as 2008 SQL Servers, it means when trying to ping the server from command prompt (both by server-name and also by IP address) they are able to reply successfully AND while testing the same 2005 & 2008 from Control Panel -->> Administrative Tools --> Data Sources (ODBC) -->> Creating/Add new DNS as "SQL Server" under new data source they are able to connect and tested successfully, BUT while trying to connected same servers from Microsoft Excel 2007 -->> Data tab -->> From Other Sources -->> From Microsoft Query ... Creating New Data and selecting "SQL Server" under driver for the type of the Database you want to access they aren't able to connect and gives us above error message.

We trying re-installing MSOffice but still nothing got change, as previously I thought that may be DLL file of MSOffice is corrupted or something wrong but no I was wrong.... I don't know what to do but users aren't able to connect sql 2005 & 2008 servers and hence they aren't able to query the servers from MSExcel 2007

can idea? what's going wrong?

please let me know if you need furture information than...

thanks
    Thursday, November 12, 2009 6:55 PM
  • Friday, November 13, 2009 5:07 PM
  • Looks like the server or the client changed the encryption requirement and now encryption is required, but MDAC client doesn't trust the server's certificate. If you aren't using certificates on the SQL Server instance, then the server will be using a self-signed certificate that SQL Server creates for itself, which would explain why the client doesn't trust it. Can you check whether you are enforcing encryption on the client? It would either be in the connection string ("Encryption=true" or something like this) or in the machine-wide settings, which can be found in "cliconfg.exe" (part of every Windows installation). If you don't want encryption, then you should just remove it from those places. If you do want encryption, then you'll need to provision a properly-signed SSL certificate for the SQL Server instance.
    Friday, November 13, 2009 5:44 PM
  • Hi Stoyko,

thanks for the reply.... we resolved the issue it was a crzay VIRUS problem.... thanks

regards,
    Kumar
    • Marked as answer by gk1393 Friday, November 13, 2009 6:32 PM
    Friday, November 13, 2009 6:32 PM
  • Hello Kumar,

Yesterady I got exactly same problem. How have you resolved it? What virus it is?

Thank you in advance,
    David

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 7:14 AM
  • I run to same problem and I fixed by downloading the SQL Server ODBC 13 Driver. My System is SQL Server 2008 R2 on OS Windows 7. Try it, see if that works for you as well.

Cheers,

Konstantine 007

Monday, February 4, 2019 10:31 PM