none
Cannot Run Excel SmartDoc from Network Share RRS feed

• Question

• Cannot Run Excel SmartDoc from Network Share

I have recently upgraded several Excel SmartDocs to Visual Studio 2010 and Office 2010.  They run without problems when installed on my local hard drive using VS Installer.  I need to be able to save them to a network share and run them from there using the code that is on my local hard drive. 

I have added the network share to my Trusted Locations in the Trust Center.  This allows the document to be opened, but it is not allowing the custom code to execute.  I have also added the network share to my Trusted Sites in IE9.

I need to grant full trust to the Excel SmartDocs on the network share.  Methods that worked with .Net Framework 3.5 and earlier have been deprecated.

Does anyone know how to do this with VS2010 and .Net Framework 4.0?

I am getting this error.

Customization does not have the permissions required to create an application domain.

************** Exception Text **************

Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Runtime.CannotCreateCustomizationDomainException: Customization does not have the permissions required to create an application domain. ---> System.Security.SecurityException: Customized functionality in this application will not work because the administrator has listed file as untrusted. Contact your administrator for further assistance.

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Runtime.RuntimeUtilities.VerifySolutionUri(Uri uri)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Runtime.DomainCreator.GetAssemblyDataFromManifests(String solutionLocation, String manifestLocator, String documentName, Boolean showUIDuringDeployment, CustomizationType customizationType, OfficeVersion officeVersion, IHostServiceProvider interopServiceProvider)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Runtime.DomainCreator.CreateCustomizationDomainInternal(String solutionLocation, String manifestName, String documentName, Boolean showUIDuringDeployment, IntPtr hostServiceProvider, Boolean useFastPath, IntPtr& executor)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.269 (RTMGDR.030319-2600)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Runtime

Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 10.0.40303.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Runtime/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Runtime.dll

System.Core

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.225 built by: RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

System

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.269 built by: RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Hosting

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Hosting/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Hosting.dll

Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.ServerDocument

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.ServerDocument/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.ServerDocument.dll

Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Runtime

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Runtime/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Runtime.dll

Mary Ann Chandler

Monday, February 25, 2013 4:37 PM

All replies

• Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Runtime.CannotCreateCustomizationDomainException: Customization does not have the permissions required to create an application domain. ---> System.Security.SecurityException: Customized functionality in this application will not work because the administrator has listed file as untrusted.

Contact your administrator for further assistance.

with regards, Yuri

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 9:55 AM
  • I find some links which are similar with your question:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vsto/thread/3a287499-106b-4a97-988f-ce0ec43abfa1/ 

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/6exya3kf(v=vs.80).aspx 

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2631966/installing-vsto-4-0-causes-vsto-3-0-addin-to-quit-working 

• Proposed as answer by Learning hard Monday, March 18, 2013 9:31 AM
    Tuesday, March 12, 2013 2:30 AM