SMTP mail send problem RRS feed

• Question

• User-1596898176 posted

Hello Friends,

I am trying to send email from my asp.net 2.0 page using SMTP Client. When I try to send email without deploying the pages on my domain it works fine, for example if I run the application in my Visual Studio and give the smtp host address and credientials of the hosting server the email goes anywhere I want to send. But the same pages when I upload them in my hosting server with nothing to change as i already gave the real smtp host address and credientials it gives me the following error

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 64.202.166.11:25

Please help me sort out this problem

Thank you

Saturday, August 2, 2008 3:31 AM

All replies

• User88235362 posted

A stab in the dark...

Maybe your hoster needs to open up some ports or something to allow communications between the web server and it's SMTP server?

Sunday, August 3, 2008 3:18 AM
  • User-1596898176 posted

Well, I tried to send email with the port which the hosting server said use 80, or 3535, but now i am getting a new premission exception saying that SMTP premission not allowed to do, Anybody knows how to set the SMTP premission property, i have tried to set it to inrestircted but now how to allocate this property to SMPT client

Thank you

Sunday, August 3, 2008 3:30 AM
  • User88235362 posted
    Sounds like it's something your hosting company will have to look in to and fix for you as it's the configuration of their servers preventing SMTP from working by the looks of it.
    Sunday, August 3, 2008 4:37 PM