How to use Akamai with Azure RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone has any idea of how to integrate Akamai in my cloud app?

TechyFreak
    • Moved by DanielOdievichEditor Tuesday, September 28, 2010 11:10 PM forum migration (From:Windows Azure)
    Tuesday, September 14, 2010 7:14 AM

Answers

• If you're referring to edge-caching, I would imagine you'd manage your assets (videos, images, etc.) in whatever manner Akamai proscribes (I haven't worked with Akamai's solution). You'd then have your web site's image URI's pointing to g.yoursite.com/images/... (at least I think it looks like that). You'd then have your images served by Akamai, with your web content served and scaled by Azure.

Or... like Neil suggested, store your images in Azure blob storage and enable the Azure CDN. This would be a great solution if you don't already have your assets hosted in Akamai.

David

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 3:40 PM

All replies

• Does anyone has any idea of how to integrate Akamai in my cloud app?

No. Although it is worth remembering that Windows Azure has its own content delivery network with an ever-increasing number of nodes.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 3:06 PM
    Answerer
  • If you're referring to edge-caching, I would imagine you'd manage your assets (videos, images, etc.) in whatever manner Akamai proscribes (I haven't worked with Akamai's solution). You'd then have your web site's image URI's pointing to g.yoursite.com/images/... (at least I think it looks like that). You'd then have your images served by Akamai, with your web content served and scaled by Azure.

Or... like Neil suggested, store your images in Azure blob storage and enable the Azure CDN. This would be a great solution if you don't already have your assets hosted in Akamai.

David

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 3:40 PM