none
having problem using MQSC Adapter in BizTalk RRS feed

• Question

• I can see the MQSC adapter installed on my BizTalk server but when i try to use it i get the following error:

The adapter "MQSC" raised an error message. Details "Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Mqsc.ImqWrapper.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found."

So i tried to check if it was not installed correctly and i see

I tried removing it and  reinstalling it ...did not work...

I am not even sure if this is causing the MQSC adapter failure or not..

Can someone please help me...

Thanks in advance.

Saturday, June 9, 2012 1:19 AM

Answers

• Because the MQSC adapter has several ways of connecting to the MQ-Series queue manager, you might want to try the following:

1. Set the permissions for the BizTalk Service Host Instance to full control for the entire WebSphere MQ Client installation directory tree.  This should eliminate any possible security issues.  If this fixes the problem, you can gradually decrease access to the appropriate minimum access needed.
    2. If you are using security exits for MQ-Series security access, then step one above should take care of this, however the .\exits and .\exits64 folders will need to be secured after you test.
    3. If you are using a TAB file to connect to the MQ-Series queue manager, make sure the service account has at least read access (I would use full control during debugging).  The tab file will be located as specified in the MQCHLLIB and MQCHLTAB system environment variables.

HTH

David Downing... If this answers your question, please Mark as the Answer. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 9:17 PM

All replies

• I am running on 64 bit.... and i am running BizTalk 2010 on Windows 7.
    Saturday, June 9, 2012 1:55 AM
  • I would recommend you to go through the following thread for help:

BizTalk 2010: Where to find MQSC adapter?

How to install MQSC Adapter in Biztalk 2010 without installing HIS2010?

Please mark the post answered your question as answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, it'll help other users who are visiting your thread for the similar problem, Regards -Rohit Sharma (http://rohitt-sharma.blogspot.com/)

Monday, June 11, 2012 5:03 AM
  • HIS installer has already been installed on my server.

I tried rerunning but but i still see the same error when i tried to use MQSC adpater.

I am trying to check if  MQ client was the issue because http://blogical.se/blogs/johan/archive/2011/12/06/how-i-diagnosed-en-elusive-is-not-a-valid-win32-application-exception.aspx

I will keep you posted..

• Edited by raghus4228 Monday, June 11, 2012 8:19 PM
    Monday, June 11, 2012 8:18 PM
  • The MQSC adapter also requires the WebSphere MQ Client.  Have you installed this yet?

If you have the client installed, the following post may provide your answer.

http://blogical.se/blogs/johan/archive/2011/12/06/how-i-diagnosed-en-elusive-is-not-a-valid-win32-application-exception.aspx

To summarize:

Set execute permissions for the BizTalk host instance service account on your "WebSphere MQ\Bin64" and "WebSphere MQ\Bin" folders.

David Downing... If this answers your question, please Mark as the Answer. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 4:56 AM
  • This is the same thing as i proposed in my answer but unfortunately it is not the issue.

I ran the process Monitor on the system but did not see any Access problems....

Everything looked good....

I am pretty sure the problem is with the MQ client but i could not find the issue yet...

I will keep you updated if i find the issue..

Please share your suggestions please..

Thanks in advance...

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 8:30 PM
  • Because the MQSC adapter has several ways of connecting to the MQ-Series queue manager, you might want to try the following:

1. Set the permissions for the BizTalk Service Host Instance to full control for the entire WebSphere MQ Client installation directory tree.  This should eliminate any possible security issues.  If this fixes the problem, you can gradually decrease access to the appropriate minimum access needed.
    2. If you are using security exits for MQ-Series security access, then step one above should take care of this, however the .\exits and .\exits64 folders will need to be secured after you test.
    3. If you are using a TAB file to connect to the MQ-Series queue manager, make sure the service account has at least read access (I would use full control during debugging).  The tab file will be located as specified in the MQCHLLIB and MQCHLTAB system environment variables.

HTH

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 9:17 PM